MINDFUL, THERAPEUTIC & FUN - RAINBOW FELT MAKING KIT
Soft colourful wool rovings will entice your children into making their own felt creations.
Discover mindfulness with Bright Crafts Wet Felting kits. Felting is a fun and relaxing way experience mindfulness whilst introducing children, teens and adults to the traditional craft of wet felting with a modern twist. Your children will learn new skills, build confidence and discover new abilities while creating bright beautiful hand felted items that will serve as a reminder to practice mindfulness.
YOU CAN MAKE
- Pet Rock - grounding stone
- Felted Soap - practice hygiene awareness
- Felt Balls - transform them into toys
Your children will love playing with and using their felt creations, seeing them will be a mindfulness anchor.
MINDFULNESS IN ACTION
The art of Felt Making is mindfulness in action, some of the things your children will experience as they doing their felting.
Strength in Softness - from the process of separating the lengths of roving
Gentleness and openness - opening the roving into small spider webs
Better together - layering different colours at different angles makes us stronger & more beautiful
Change it's ok - taking wool rovings and transforming them into something fun
Felting is the perfect craft for those who may experience stress, anxiety or frustration as the wet felting process is relaxing and calming.
Your children will also learn
- basic wet felting techniques
- gain hands on experience of colour harmonies
- discover the history of felt making
- experience the benefits of trying out ideas
- make beautiful hand made toys and gifts
HOW IT WORKS
Your children will naturally experience the relaxation and rhythm of felt making as they make each item.
For 1st time felt makers and younger children we recommend the Complete Felt Making Workshop kit.
- You'll learn how to "pull" the fleece rovings and separate them into spiders webs.
- Lay your fleece so that it felts thoroughly.
- Use different colours to create your pet rock, felted soap and felt balls.
- Easily learn the process of wet felting and build on your techniques as you go.
- The action of felt making naturally leads you to focus on the present moment.
- As you experience each technique of felting you naturally become focused and calm.
Extra fun for older children
You can embellish or decorate your felt creations
- use the needle and thread included with your kit to decorate or sew your balls together.
- use the carabina included with your kit to make a key ring or bag tag.
COMPLETE BEGINNERS FELTING WORKSHOP KIT
For ease your your Bright Crafts kit includes everything you need for wet felting including
- Merino Wool rovings in 8 bright rainbow colours, (measured for your group size)
- 1 pet rock for every participant
- 1 Australian made soap for every participant
- 1 x carabina for every participant
- Needle and threads
- 1 x nylon stocking for every participant, to make it easier to felt your item
YOUR WORKSHOP KIT INCLUDES SPECIAL KIT EXTRAS
When you purchase a Felting Workshop kit from Bright Crafts you'll receive lots of little extras to make your job easier.
- Detailed educator instructions
- Tie Dye Risk Assessment.
- How to Wet Felt Posters
- Felting Tips & Tricks poster
- Online Felting videos
- Take home bags with washout instructions for each participant
- Phone and email support
Allow 30 minutes for each activity plus set up and pack up time. Wet felting can be put down and picked up again later so it’s great for those who aren’t able to sit for long.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"Firstly I’d like to thank you for the Wet Felting kit we ordered for last school holidays. The Vacation Care children thoroughly enjoyed the activity. It was amazing how therapeutic it was for the children and how much they loved the end product!
With the success of the Wet Felting I am very interested in the Tie Dye kits."
Jane Sutherland Coordinator - Possum Place Vacation Care
"It’s really great being able to chat to a real person who let’s me ask questions. Kimberlie is so helpful."
Michelle Smith - The Cottage OSHC
CONTACT KIMBERLIE AT BRIGHT CRAFTS TODAY
Bright Crafts kits have been developed to spark your curiosity and engage your mind in bright, colourful, fun ways.
All our craft kits are tailor made for your unique requirements. If you have any special needs please let us know so we can provide the right solution for you.
We would love to chat with you about your specific needs and provide you with a quote. Contact Kimberlie at Bright Crafts today.
Kindergarten, Primary Stage 1 (Y1-2), Primary Stage 2 (Y3-4), Primary Stage 3 (Y5-6), Secondary Stage 4 (Y7-8), Secondary Stage 5 (Y9-10), Secondary Stage 6 (Y11-12)