Let’s get ‘em excited about healthy eating and cooking!
Who says health and nutrition education has to be so… dry? At Healthy Habits, we know exactly what it takes to get kids excited and passionate about healthy food. Choose from one of our off-the-shelf programs below – or call us about tailoring a one-off session or ongoing program to suit your specific needs.
- Healthy Cooking Course - This incursion is ideal for schools without a food technology curriculum, this four-week program empowers students to become more capable in the kitchen and more knowledgeable about healthy food. Best of all, no kitchen facilities are required and all ingredients and equipment is supplied by us!
- Cooking For Health - One of our more popular incursions, Cooking for Health is tailored to each year level. With lots of discussion around the importance and benefits of healthy eating, students will learn to cook their own healthy meals and snacks. Best of all, no kitchen facilities are required and all ingredients and equipment is supplied by us!
- Food & Our Bodies - In this eye opening incursion, using models we explore how food can benefit and harm our bodies.
- Snack Art - Our Snack Art workshop includes lots of storytelling, games, activities and food tasting. But the highlight? Everyone gets to create their own edible work of art!
- The 5 Food Groups - In this fun filled incursion, we get to know the five food groups through a range of discussions and fun activities.
- Creating Healthy Habits - Creating Healthy Habits is an incursion which aims to do exactly that. Your students will learn the importance and benefits of healthy eating through discussions and fun activities.
- Body Image & Self Esteem - This eye-opening workshop addresses the risk factors that contribute to negative body image and their consequences.
Students engage in role-plays, games and group work to develop awareness, strategies and tools for improved self-worth and body confidence.
Kindergarten, Primary Stage 1 (Y1-2), Primary Stage 2 (Y3-4), Primary Stage 3 (Y5-6), Secondary Stage 4 (Y7-8), Secondary Stage 5 (Y9-10)