Test your business skills and master the market to win!
Students explore the differences between needs and wants. They encounter opportunity cost and trade-off situations and learn about the personal and societal benefits of work and trading.
Students participate in interactive games in which they purchase, produce and sell materials and goods to investigate the role supply, demand and government have in setting market prices.
Booking this incursion includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
"An engaging, curriculum aligned and interactive incursion for our year 5 students. The 90 minute session allowed the students to develop deeper understandings, ask questions and work in teams to explore economic concepts. Thank you for the enjoyable session!"
Louise, Kent Park Primary School
- Suitable for Years 5 to 8.
- This incursion can be adapted for various year groups. Please contact us for more information.
- We require a large, unfurnished indoor area in which to run the incursion.
- Linked Incursions provides all other necessary resources.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 35 students.
- The incursion runs for 80 to 90 minutes.
Primary Stage 2 (Y3-4), Primary Stage 3 (Y5-6)
Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Melbourne, Melton, Shepparton-Mooroopna, Warrnambool